Become Self Sufficient in 2020 with a Modern Victory Garden
During the uncertain times of a global pandemic, there is no better time than now to become self-sufficient, growing your own veggies and herbs. Colorado State University Extension & Master Gardeners have created the Modern Victory Garden for just that purpose. The Modern Victory Garden webpage has resources to help every step of the way. The resources are designed to help you grow your own food this year and beyond. More resources are added weekly and will change with the season. Learn more about the history of victory gardens. Read more about the Grow & Give aspect of the Modern Victory Project.
Local Gardening Resources
- Our “Keeping Busy During Quarantine” Gardening newsletter has gardening tips for children and adults
Mountain Gardening resources from CSU Extension
- VIDEO: Vegetable Gardening in the Mountains (49:35)
- Colorado Mountain Gardening Basics – Fact Sheet #7.244
- Vegetable Gardening in the Mountains – Fact Sheet #7.248
Other Online Learning Relating to Food and Gardening
Best Practices Webinars for Produce Growers Watch the recordings!
CSU Extension and the Colorado Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association collaborated to produce 3 webinars to help growers prepare for production, handling and sales in the face of COVID-19. You can view the webinars by clicking below, or find all webinars and downloadable slides here.
- Worker Health and Hygiene (April 14)
- Cleaning, Sanitation and Disinfection on Your Produce Farm (April 21)
- Points of Sale Best Practices (April 28)
Certified Gardener Courses
The CSU Extension Certified Gardener VEGETABLES ONLINE COURSE was redesigned this year and is now FREE during the month of May using promocode GARDEN2020 at checkout. Register and learn more at http://certifiedgardenercsu.com.